PROVIDING opportunities for persons with disabilitiesHope Haven Corporation
Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible career opportunity?
What Hope Haven does?
The primary mission of Hope Haven Corp is to unleash potential in people. We believe in this mission not only for the children, adults, and families we serve, but also in the teams we build and the individuals we hire. As a member of the Hope Haven team, you will be an integral part of a community that empowers, encourages, and equips every person to live to the height of their strengths and abilities.
We have several full-time, part-time, and on-call positions that tap into a variety of schedules, talents, and skills. We encourage you to learn more about what we do at Hope Haven and how you can positively impact the lives of people in our communities.
Everyone has the ability to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Here’s your chance to do it every day.
Here is what Hope Haven offers to individuals who are willing to re-locate from Puerto Rico to Burlington, Iowa
- Hope Haven will purchase their airfare from Puerto Rico to Chicago and from Chicago to Burlington.
- The employee will repay ½ of the cost of the airfare over a 3 month period through payroll reduction.
- Hope Haven will pay first month rent, utility hookup fees and deposits, as well as half of the second month rent. After that, the worker will be responsible.
- Apartment shared with one individual.
- Transportation to and from work will be provided as necessary.
- Hope Haven will provide $50 in travel stipends.
- Hope Haven will provide $200 credit in our Thrift Store to purchase anything they may need for their apartment. (Furniture, clothing, dishes, pots, pans, etc.)
Now hiring Direct Support Professional!
Direct Support Professional
As a member of the Hope Haven team, you will be surrounded by a community that empowers, encourages, and equips every person to live to the height of their strengths and abilities.
And that includes you.
We are currently looking for Full Time, Part Time and On Call Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to help support our clients and team members. DSPs provide support to our clients based on their individual goals, which always include making sure their physical, mental, emotional, and social needs are met. Whether this is your first job or a career change, you’ll find Hope Haven’s Direct Support Professional position is a great way for you to get started in the field of Human Services. You’ll start each day with the intention to make a profound and positive difference, and you’ll end each day doing exactly that.
To be considered for the position, eligible candidates must have the following core requirements:
* High school diploma or ability to obtain GED/HSED
* Ability to complete orientation training, a medication administration course, the full MANDT training as determined by supervisor, and other agency requirements.
* Basic computer skills.
* Confident writing and verbal communication skills
* Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
* A valid Class C driver’s license (unless site requires Class D), reliable transportation, & proof of insurance.
* Ability to pass a health assessment, drug screening, & criminal background check
Because Direct Support Professionals support many different departments and goals at Hope Haven, additional requirements may be added on for specific fields, like job coaching and employment training certification. The actual job responsibilities for this position are varied and lengthy, and we can go over them with you in person if you qualify for an interview. Most of what you will do in this role can be taught; what we are looking for are qualities and gifts that cannot be trained:
* A love of variety and people
* Plenty of empathy, compassion, and enthusiasm
* A passion for both teaching and learning
* The ability to handle surprises, challenges, and opportunities with a contagiously positive attitude
* A respectful appreciation for details and organization
“I love how rewarding it is to work at New Hope. The clients are so appreciative of everything staff does for them, it makes every day that much more rewarding and it makes coming to work easy! The best part of my job is seeing the smiles on the individuals’ faces – It truly makes you want to help them succeed day after day.”